The M249 PARA is optimized for airborne, armored infantry, and close-quarters combat (CQC) operations with a shorter barrel and collapsible buttstock.
It retains all of the features of the M249 SAW and can be field-converted back to the standard model configuration in just 30 seconds. Buy FN-M249 Para SAW.
The FN M249 SAW is designed to be used on the front lines where it really matters, providing crucial support at the infantry squad/ fire team level by providing highly accurate fire plus the maneuverability to take the objective.
The ergonomically-shaped polymer buttstock contains a hydraulic buffer that allows SAW gunners to maintain a high rate of fire with accuracy and effect.
Each M249 model includes one spare barrel.
SPECIFICATIONS FN-M249 Para SAW
- Caliber: 5.56×45 mm
- Operation: Open-bolt
- Color: Matte black non-reflective finish on all surfaces
- Effective Range: 800 m, point target
- Maximum Range: 1800 m
- Barrel Length: 13.7″
- Overall Length: 36″ (extended); 30.5″ (collapsed)
- Overall Height: 9.5″
- Weight: 15.95 lbs. (empty)
- Twist Rate: 1:7″ RH
- Trigger Pull: 7.9 -15.7 lbs.
- Cyclic Rate of Fire: 775 RPM